Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sweet

Halloween was sad for me the past four years. Now the sadness is gone, and I feel giddy. I decided not to do anything for it this year, Anise is too young, but I have never seen so much pre-halloween hype.

Anise is out with babysitter. I had tons of stuff to get done, now I can't remember what I had to do...

On the sleep front things got better and then worse, it is push and pull. But she is full of smiles and laughter, so I have to take it as it comes - try a little but stay relaxed. Easier said then done. The house is quiet.

Anise's birthday is coming up. I am excited and sad. One year. I have never had a year go by so fast, and it terrifies me because I know the years to come will be faster. I want to have a big celebration, to celebrate life, this life that came to us. How thankful I am that she chose us. This afternoon I found the perfect place to celebrate, yay!

Now: how do I not eat all the candy?

4 comments:

  1. Oh that first birthday is so bittersweet. So much joy and wonder and memory. How can it go by so fast while the days and sleepless nights can seem so long? :)
    Have a happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (sigh)
    bella said it best.

    such a paradox.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy: throw it out (she says with a pounding sugar hangover.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to read you, too!

    We started blogging the same day. :)

    And, you remind me (sleep, no sleep, smiles, laughter, and magic touch) what I have to look forward to again next year.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete