Monday, November 5, 2007

Relax Max

I can't keep up with writing, no time. (Isn't it ironic I am writing about not having the time to write?).

I have so many ideas though, and this is one of them. Actually it is more a theory than an idea:

In a baby's first year of life there is a prescribed number of hours of sleep they can get. Anise used hers all up in the first 6 months! Others take 6 months and then start sleeping...

But actually that isn't quite true, Anise gets the proper number of hours, they just don't happen the same way every day. BUT I AM WORKING ON IT.

I am taking advantage of the time change to get her in bed by 8, so far it worked FOR TWENTY MINUTES. She just wakes up so often. WHY?

I am wasting so much energy focusing on this as a problem. I have been focusing on nonsense for year "as a problem" and I have to get over it. Each day is a new day to sleep and nap. If it didn't happen today then the day is over and IT DOESN'T MATTER. I think.

I was fraught with worry when Anise was 2 weeks old and we gave her a pacifier to help alleviate some of my pain breastfeeding. Now I wish she would take a pacifier... She just loves to suck, and only on me. Now I wish I could go back and RELAX, and I am sure in 6 months I am going to say the same thing about now.

Oh well.

4 comments:

  1. You're so beautifully human. She will get what she needs. I'm not sure that you will, and I support you in the search for more time and rest for yourself. In my life as a mother I've seen up close that TIME CHANGE IS THE GREATEST CRUELTY COMMITTED ON THE CHILDREN OF A COUNTRY by its greedy capitalist industries and corrupt politicians.

    So there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The time change sucks. Leo fell asleep early but was awake before FIVE this morning.
    I hope you find ways to give yourself time, rest, care. Moms need to be nurtured just as babies do, as toddlers do, as everyone does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a follow human pacifier I understand, I was called to duty at 4am as opposed to the usual 5am, groan, wait joyful thinking, no, groan....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I unfortunately can't remember through the sleep-deprivation haze what exactly it is I did several years ago when my boys were going through this phase. But then, I'm sure you've tried everything you can think of and every baby is beautifully different anyway, so I guess all I can say is ...

    Hang in there. She'll outgrow it eventually.

    ReplyDelete