Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Universe

is one strange place. Strange things have been happening around here. I quite my job with the only orchestra that hired me. I had to get away from negative energies, but I was giving up nice music and opportunities - a risk I was willing to take. I also decided to put my concert series on hold for the next year or two ( I produce, and play in a Montreal concert series ). Hard but not hard to stop, it wasn't making me happy any more. But it was my way of employing myself when no one else did, and I also got to perform concerts of my dreams. All along my decision-making people would say the usual "good things will come of this, new doors will open", i half believed it just to make myself feel better, but the truth is I didn't care. I have my good things, right here at home. I had no work at all lined up for the future, and strangely enough that relieved me. Then of course I got a job offer - one I didn't see coming. A good offer for one gig in January 2009. but the timing and circumstances of that gig are so weird, almost too perfect, as if orchestrated by someone who was watching my every move. Why is it that when we stop sending out vibes of desperation people start calling? Why do we get things when we don't want them? That somehow doesn't seem fair.

Today I had a recording session all day. I nursed Anise at 9:30 this morning, and she went to bed tonight for the first time with no breast. She has been nursing up a storm lately too, probably teeth, or something, so I was concerned about how the day would go. But everything fell nicely into place. I can finally breathe. And it feels good.

5 comments:

  1. I was about to wonder how you got through an entire day without nursing, and then I remembered, *I* am the one with a newborn, not you. ;)

    Congratulations on good vibes, good gigs, and breathing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Why is it that when we stop sending out vibes of desperation people start calling? Why do we get things when we don't want them? That somehow doesn't seem fair." You're right it doesn't seem fair but it seems perfect. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you for this post, for this reminder.
    I'm in the process of letting go of some things myself, things I've done for years.
    I just know I need to.
    and it was good to be reminded that we do what we need to do and the rest takes care of itself.
    love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So powerful - claiming your own life. And then, yes, comes the Universe. I think of it as a tango. And you, Mika, are a lovely dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, all of you, for your beautiful and inspiring comments.

    ReplyDelete