Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Skeptic

I have been swearing a lot lately. Maybe it is time to stop, otherwise I will have a one year old who says fuck all the time.
It is snowing again. Fuck. I really can't take the winter anymore. Why the hell did people settle here...Of all the places they could have gone.

Last week Anise and I went to our homeopath. I am not a non-believer, BUT, some things do seem soooooo weird. We went because Anise wasn't napping, and I was EXHAUSTED. The symptoms: Anise cries initially when I leave her with the babysitter, then stops (normal), is a late walker (normal), has a preference for cheese and chicken (?), nurses a lot (normal), sometimes pinches my nose (?). Sounds crazy, right?

Well - the day after the remedy was given to me (Anise got it through my milk), she stretched her arms out to the babysitter as I was leaving, and she napped for 45 minutes. Now, one week later she has been in great spirits since last week (much less cranky), still goes happily to babysitter (even waves goodbye) napped yesterday for 1 hour and 20 minutes, still eats cheese and chicken (actually liking cheese a little less). And I have about a trillion times more energy. Some people even pointed out that my writing voice has changed.

So? Coincidence? I think not.

4 comments:

  1. There are no coincidences. But believing is seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the remedy???? And is it legal in Utah???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! I love this stuff.

    And speaking of swearing, I had a first today: my five year-old and her six-year old friend, sitting on stools in my kitchen and eating pumpkin muffins, saying, "Shits!"

    What the fuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen - I agree (I think...)

    Mrs. b - I don't even know the name of a remedy! It won't work for everyone though...

    Jena - is that so bad??? I think swearing is healthy - at any age!!

    ReplyDelete